IDI-UK Accreditation Programme for
(for TV / FILM)
Open to individuals interested to support the UK and EU film and TV industry.
Stage 1 - Successfully finished the Intimacy Directors Accreditation Programme* (see requirements section below for explanation)
Stage 2 - Six day intensive training in Intimacy Coordination
Stage 3 - Mentoring by approved intimacy coordinators, shadowing on set and submission of written assignments & logs.
IDI-UK Founders and Certified Professionals.
Guest Speakers: Additional Intimacy Coordinators and Industry professionals.
Examples of topics which will be covered:
- TV & Film Industry in UK
- IC process from pre-production, day of shoot and after shoot.
- Protocols for Nudity & Simulated Sex Actions
- Tricks of the trade, understanding camera shots & angles and Intimacy Kit
- Current choreography practices for screen
- Rights, Contracts etc.
Dates: intensive is 4-9/5/2020 after which the programme participant needs to attain all necessary requirements, submit documentation and apply to be accredited.
IC Intensive: £1,500
Additional Fees: please note that additional fees may be required to attend shadowing opportunities on set so do keep this in mind before applying. These can include travel, accommodation, subsistence etc.
The performance of nudity, simulated sex actions, kissing etc will not be required by participants in any of the accreditation programmes. Participants will work within their boundaries and this will not affect their grading and assessments. Accreditation is dependent on the completion of all course assessments and requirements including successfully receiving a "Pass" level at the end of the course.
During the course, participants receive an "IDI-UK Intimacy Coordinator Apprentice" status, they will be expected to follow our Apprentice Guidelines.
Applying - requirements for the IC Accreditation Programme
1. Scanned certificate of IDI-UK Intimacy Director Accreditation Programme.*
* If you haven't trained with us - you will be expected to prove sufficient knowledge and expertise of intimacy direction or pre-existing intimacy coordination understanding that equates to what is covered in our Intimacy Director Accreditation Programme (which covers 78 contact hours that include in-depth practice of IDI's Pillars of Intimacy, 3 Choreography weekends and Assignments. Please submit relevant information in your cover letter. Further information may be requested before or during interview stage.
2. Cover letter explaining why you want to become an IC, why do you think this job would suit you, what knowledge of practice on-set do you have, why do you want to train with IDI-UK and how would you like to contribute to the growing industry.
3. CV demonstrating:
On-set experience (as actor / crew / IC etc. Must be a role that has direct contact to actors and directors on set).
Movement pedagogy & instruction practice
In-depth Intimacy direction training equivilant to IDI-UK's Intimacy Director's Accreditation Programme.
Additional training suitable to the TV and Film sector, for example: courses in Intro to Filmmaking / Directing etc.
4. Letter of recommendation from a director or producer with whom you have worked, outlining why they would recommend you for this particular pathway.
5. Creative Industries Safety Passport
6. Adult Mental Health First Aider
7. Emergency First Aid at work
8. Scan of your DBS - no previous criminal record.
9. CPD accredited awareness courses in: Sexual Harassment, Unconscious Bias, Equality & Diversity, LGBTQ Awareness and Conflict Resolution. Please present certificate of completion OR proof letter from the company/charity/online company you trained with.
Successful candidates** will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype / Zoom or in person. The interview will be lead by an IDI-UK Instructor. After which the instructor will relay their considerations to IDI-UK.
** Note that due to a high amount of applications, we will only notify successful candidates.
Decisions will be sent via email by IDI-UK team along with a deadline to accept your place. After accepting the place, payment will be required to secure it.
After payment, detailed information about the course structure, reading list and preparation before first weekend etc will be sent.
Deadline for IC Intensive Application: 21/03/2020
Please email your application to email@example.com, email subject: IC Accreditation Application.