IDI-UK Accreditation Programme for
(for TV / FILM)
Open to individuals interested to support the UK film and TV industry.
Stage 1: Successfully passing the IDI-UK Intimacy Direction Programme which will teach you all the foundation and in depth methodologies of how to work with actors and support their process.*
Stage 2: Specialising in Intimacy Coordination - transferring your existing skills from stage (which is essentially a wide shot or 360) to screen.
IDI-UK founders: Lizzy Talbot (Netflix), Yarit Dor (Channel 4, HBO, Amazon) & Claire Warden (Amazon, HBO, Hulu)
IDI-UK Certified Professionals
Guest instructors from IDI: Tonia Sina (founder of IDI), Alicia Rodis (HBO), Amanda Cutting (HBO), Rachel Flesher (Netflix) and more.
Guest tutors from related disciplines
Examples of topics which will be covered:
- TV & Film Industry in UK
- IC process from pre-production, day of shoot and after shoot.
- Protocols for Nudity & Simulated Sex Actions
- Tricks of the trade, understanding camera shots & angles and Intimacy Kit
- Current choreography practices for screen
- Rights, Contracts etc.
Dates: Intimacy Direction programme dates* + seven days intensive IC specific training 4-10/5/2020
Fees for IC seven day Intensive: £1,500
Scholarship & Payment Plan? See our Frequently Asked Questions
The performance of nudity, simulated sex actions, kissing etc will not be required by participants in any of the accreditation programmes. Participants will work within their boundaries and this will not affect their grading and assessments. Accreditation is dependent on the completion of all course assessments and requirements including successfully receiving a "Pass" level at the end of the course.
During the course, participants receive an "IDI-UK Intimacy Coordinator Apprentice" status, they will be expected to follow our Apprentice Guidelines.
Stage 1: Applying - requirements for the IC Accreditation Programme
- Scanned certificate of IDI-UK Intimacy Director Accreditation Programme.*
* Considering applicants with intimacy direction credits and experience which haven't studied on our programme will be on a case by case basis. You will be expected to prove sufficient knowledge and expertise equal to our Intimacy Director Accreditation Programme.
- Cover letter explaining why you want to become an IC, why do you think this job would suit you, what knowledge of practice on-set do you have, why do you want to train with IDI-UK and how would you like to contribute to the growing industry.
- CV demonstrating:
On-set experience (as actor / crew / IC etc)
Movement pedagogy & instruction
In-depth Intimacy direction training equivilant to IDI-UK's Intimacy Director's Accreditation Programme.
Additional training suitable to the TV and Film sector, for example: courses in Intro to Filmmaking / Directing etc.
- Letter of recommendation from a director or producer with whom you have worked, outlining why they would recommend you for this particular pathway.
- Creative Industries Safety Passport
- Adult Mental Health First Aider
- Emergency First Aid at work
- Scan of your DBS - no previous criminal record.
- CPD accredited awareness courses in: Sexual Harassment, Unconscious Bias, Bullying & Harassment, LGBTQ awareness. Please present certificate of completion OR proof letter from the company/charity/online company you trained with.
Stage 2: Successful candidates** will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype / Zoom or in person. The interview will be lead by an Instructor. After which the instructor will relay their considerations to IDI-UK.
** Note that due to a high amount of applications, we will only notify successful candidates.
Stage 3: Decisions will be sent via email by IDI-UK team along with a deadline to accept your place. After accepting the place, payment will be required to secure it.
After payment, detailed information about the course structure, reading list and preparation before first weekend etc will be sent.
Deadline for IC Intensive Application: 25/4/2020
Please email email@example.com, email subject: IC Accreditation Application.